Canopy Cafe interior at Changi

Canopy Garden Dining is by far the most Instagrammable pet-friendly cafe in Singapore we’ve been to.

Every inch of their cafe is decked in greens. The ceiling is filled with rows of small potted plants, while the larger ones occupied the corners of the ground. Even the al fresco dining area, which is pet-friendly, is garden-themed.

Canopy Garden Dining has outlets at Hort Park and Bishan Park, which is a hotspot for pet owners. Recently, it has opened its third outlet at Changi City Point, taking over A Beautiful Day Cafe, which has moved to PLQ Residences and rebranded themselves as A Beautiful Day Cafe Tearoom.

Canopy Garden Dining menu

Their menu focuses on typical western dishes you’d find at cafes.

Starting from brunch that last till 2pm, its selection includes Scrambled Eggs Croissant ($18), Classic Eggs Benedict ($20), African Shakshuka ($20) and Grilled Breakfast ($20).

The rest of the menu is split among pasta, pizza and grilled meats.

Of which, the Soft Shell Crab Pasta ($27), albeit slightly pricey, came with two generous portions of soft shell crab. It was crispy and deep-fried to perfection. Its fattiness complemented well with their tangy house-made tomato sauce.

Meanwhile, the Carbonara ($20) was made with a cream-based sauce and topped with sous-vide egg. Not traditional, but it was decent for its price.

Another dish that was prepared decently was the Black Angus Cheeseburger, served with arugula, truffle mayonnaise, and onion marmalade. The toppings were step up from the classic cheeseburger. But most importantly, the patty was seared to perfection. No complains here.

Although it was a recommended item, Grilled Spanish Pork ($32) was a miss. For starters, there was just one tiny piece, probably about 20% of the entire portion, that was tender. Not only was the remaining 80% tough and chewy, there was barely any flavour to it. The jus was also too salty and lacked depth. But the mashed potatoes were smooth and buttery, possibly the best part of the dish.

Canopy Garden Dining

Location: 5 Changi Business Park Central 1, #01-70/71 Changi City Point, 486038
Tel: +65 6556 1533
Opening hours: 10:30am-10:30pm

Related posts:

About Author